This post may contain affiliate links which means that sproutinue.com may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. We only promote products that we love and feel will benefit our readers. Please read our Disclosure Policy for more information.
The advent of technology has led to the rise in various ways to make money online.
Today, you can make a little extra bucks on the side by playing games on apps like Mistplay. But with the escalating number of online scams, you might be asking yourself, is Mistplay legit?
Yes, Mistplay is a legitimate loyalty program that allows you to play mobile games and get paid in the form of “units” you can redeem for rewards, such as gift cards or cash out via PayPal.
You may, however, need to launch the games in the Mistplay app so that it can track your play time and get paid. The company has given away over $35 million in rewards, making Mistplay one of the legit gaming apps.
In this Mistplay review, you’ll learn how the app works, how to earn money playing games using the app, and how to get the most out of the loyalty program.
I’ll also highlight the pros and cons of Mistplay to help you decide whether it’s the right gaming app for you.
What Is Mistplay?
Mistplay is a loyalty program designed for gamers. Launched in 2016 by Henri Machalani, Mistplay has become one of the go-to apps for gamers to play and earn. The app is only available on Google Play Store, meaning Android users alone can use it.
Mistplay allows you to play games and earn rewards called units. The more you play, the more units you make.
You can redeem the units for cash or rewards like gift cards, steam credit, and other prizes. You can also participate in weekly contests for a chance to win a grand prize.
Some of the best games on Mistplay include Solitaire, Bingo, war games, strategy games, and virtual casino.
How Does Mistplay Work?
Like any other mobile app, you’ll need to download the Mistplay app from Google Play Store and install it on your phone.
You’ll then create an account for free and change your phone settings. For example, you’ll need to disable your power-saving mode and allow the Mistplay app to run while others are on.
Once you’ve created an account, Mistplay will choose a game for you to download and install in the app. Games include Bingo, war games, strategy, virtual casino, and more.
However, you have the freedom to download the games you want to play. Depending on the game you pick, you’ll need to meet specific requirements to earn units.
Each time you play a game, you’ll see how many units you’ve earned when you exit. The amount you’ll make will vary depending on your choice of game and location.
It’s important to note that using a VPN on the Mistplay app will get you banned.
What Games Are on Mistplay
Mistplay offers several unique games to its users. If you’re a gamer, you’ll probably enjoy doing what you love and earn extra cash on the side. Some of the popular games on Mistplay include:
- Pirate Kings
- King of Avalon
- Virtual casino
- War games
- Strategy games
Mistplay Points System: Units, PXP, and GXP
Mistplay uses a three-point system to measure how much players earn.
- Units: This is an in-app currency you earn when playing games on the Mistplay app.
- Game Experience Points (GXP): Mistplay uses GXP points to represent how much time you spend playing games in the app. The more time you spend playing a game, the more GXP units you earn. GXP plays a critical role in your Mistplay profile. The more GXP you have, the more units you can make, which increases the number of rewards you can redeem.
- Player Experience Points (PXP): PXP points represent player experience, which means the level you’re reaching in a particular game. The more you level up on a specific game, the more PXP and units you earn.
Redeeming Mistplay Units
Once you’ve accumulated Mistplay units, you can redeem them for various rewards or cash out via PayPal.
$0.50 Amazon Gift Card
The most popular redemption option is the Amazon gift card. With 400 Mistplay units, you get a $0.50 Amazon gift card.
While the redemption value is too low, you’ll make something at the end of the day doing what you like during your spare time.
You can redeem your units into a $5 gift card from various companies, including:
- Google Play
Earlier, Mistplay couldn’t pay its users in hard cash, but this has changed. You can cash out your rewards via PayPal. The minimum amount you can cash out is $10, equating to 3,000 units.
Is Mistplay a Safe App?
Mistplay is a safe gaming app. For one, the company doesn’t require sensitive information from its users besides their email addresses.
However, you must permit Mistplay to monitor the app usage because this is how it tracks playtime and units.
Can You Actually Make Money from Mistplay?
Yes, you can make money playing games on Mistplay. The amount of rewards you’ll earn varies depending on various factors, such as your overall player experience, which game you play, and the amount of time you spend playing each game.
Once you accumulate units worth at least $0.50, you can redeem them into rewards like gift cards from Amazon, Facebook, Xbox, Google Play, and Play Station.
You can also cash out via PayPal once you’ve accumulated 3,000 units.
How Long Does It Take for Mistplay to Pay Out?
You can expect to receive your gift card via email within 48 hours after redemption.
Meanwhile, you’ll be able to check the current status of your gift card on the Mistplay app. If your gift card hasn’t been approved, you’ll see “pending approval.” Once approved, the gift card will take 48 hours to arrive in your email.
If you don’t receive your reward after the 48 hours have elapsed, check your spam folder or confirm that you used the correct email address.
Tips To Maximize Your Earnings on MistPlay
If you want to make a decent amount of rewards playing games on Mistplay, here’s what you can do:
- Refer friends: Mistplay has a referral program where you can earn 100 units per every person you refer.
- Enter weekly contests: You can also enter weekly contests launched on the app to win prizes, such as bonus points, gaming rewards, and gift cards.
- Participate in Mistplay Status loyalty program: When you make in-game purchases in the app, you earn loyalty gems. The number of gems you amass every month governs your loyalty status. The good news is that you can convert your loyalty gems into units.
- Work on receiving badges: Mistplay offers badges for reaching a specific level, playing a game late at night, making in-game purchases, and playing a minimum number of minutes. Whenever you receive a badge for a game, you earn extra rewards.
- Search for boosted games: When choosing games that interest you, search for boosted games. Sometimes, developers offer limited-time rewards to encourage you to play their game first. Playing boosted games will increase your rewards.
- Daily pay streaks: Mistplay rewards users with bonus units for playing the same game several days in a row. Looking for daily pay streaks can help boost your units, which means more rewards.
- In-game purchases: You can also earn more units through in-game purchases. How many units you’ll make depends on the game. Generally, if you always spend units on leveling up on a particular game or to get power-ups, you can receive gift card rewards for spending.
- Mistcodes: Mistplay hides codes with bonus points in the app, social media channels, and newsletter. Keeping an eye out for mistcodes can help you scoop huge bonus units.
- Be on the lookout for bonus tasks: Mistplay usually has bonus tasks that let you earn bonus units by completing particular activities. Always check the in-app bonus tab to see if these tasks are available.
- Follow Mistplay social media channels: Following Mistplay social media channels, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other platforms, can earn you bonus units. You can also consider signing up for their newsletter to earn more units.
How Does Mistplay Make Money?
You might be wondering, how does an app that pays users to play games make money, especially when it’s free to download?
Mistplay has partnered with various game developers who pay them so its users can test the games in the app and give feedback.
The money that Mistplay make from testing out games is what they use to pay users to play games.
Pros and Cons of Mistplay
As with any other platform, Mistplay has benefits and drawbacks.
- Free to download and use: Most of the time, many apps labeled “free” require credit information to download and use. But with Mistplay, you can download the app for free, start playing games and earn rewards.
- Flexible reward options: Mistplay offers a wide range of rewards in the form of gift cards from Amazon, Visa, Xbox, Nintendo, and more. The value of these cards usually ranges from $0.50 to $50. You can also cash out the rewards via PayPal.
- Ads-free: Another advantage of Mistplay is the fact that it’s ad-free. As a gamer, nothing sucks when you’re in the middle of playing a game and then an ad pops up. With Mistplay, you don’t have to worry about distracting ads.
- Currently available for Android users: Mistplay is currently available for Android users. If you’re using iOS, you won’t be able to download and use the app. Mistplay is probably working on something for iPhone users, so be on the lookout.
- Low earning potential for starters: When starting out, you may find it challenging to earn more rewards because you haven’t leveled up your Mistplay profile.
The Best Mistplay Alternatives
If you’re wondering if there are other apps like Mistplay where you can play games and make money, here are some popular options to consider:
- Blackout Bingo
- Flash Rewards
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Mistplay Free?
The Mistplay app is completely free. Unlike other game apps requiring credit card information, you can download Mistplay for free and start playing games for money immediately.
However, it’s important to note that Mistplay is currently available for Android users.
Is Mistplay a Virus?
Mistplay is not a virus but a gaming app that lets users earn rewards for playing games. If you download the app, you can choose games you like, earn units, and redeem the rewards into a gift card of your choice.
Is Mistplay Worth It?
Mistplay is worth it if you enjoy playing mobile games. While the app won’t make you rich, you can earn rewards in the form of gift cards for doing what you like
Mistplay is a legitimate gaming app that allows you to get paid to play games. All you have to do is download the app from Google Play Store, create an account, and start making money playing games.
While Mistplay won’t replace your job, you can make extra cash on the side doing what you love. You can boost your rewards by engaging in various activities, such as referring friends, participating in contests, and searching for boosted games.
Are you looking for other ways to make money? Check out: