This post may contain affiliate links which means that sproutinue.com may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. We only promote products that we love and feel will benefit our readers. Please read our Disclosure Policy for more information.
Can I really get $2000 free money? Well, the short answer is yes. There are many methods to get free cash without breaking a sweat.
Some may pay as much as $2000, while others pay slightly less.
Whether you’re seeking ways to supplement your income or secure a one-time $2000 for free, this post is for you.
I’ll share 18 legit ways to earn $2000 free money. While some ventures may not yield $2000 individually, you can combine multiple methods to accumulate and surpass the sum.
So, dive in to claim your well-deserved $2000 free money!
Need to make fast cash? Try out:
- SayMore – Share your opinion & earn free gift cards!
- Kashkick – Complete various micro tasks for gift cards & free PayPal money!
How To Get $2000 Free Money
Several methods allow you to earn a free $2000 effortlessly. Some involve getting paid to perform daily activities like shopping, walking, and exercising.
The most important part is determining the best method relevant to your needs. While getting free $2000 may sound like a scam, rest assured, it’s possible with the right strategies.
Also, don’t be afraid to use several options simultaneously to maximize your earnings beyond the $2000 mark.
1. Use Cashback Reward Sites
One of the best and easiest ways to earn $2000 in free money is to use cashback reward sites. Generally, these sites reimburse you some money when you purchase some items.
These reward sites typically partner with certain popular brands to offer cashback as a promotional strategy.
You don’t have to buy anything out of the ordinary; you receive rebates for daily purchases like groceries and gas.
The money you receive varies depending on where you shop and the item you’re purchasing. For instance, you may receive more for electronics and less for groceries.
Most of these sites allow you to sign up for free. However, some have premium options for which you must pay a monthly or annual subscription fee.
Most cashback websites are available to online shoppers, but some allow you to upload your receipts if you prefer in-store shopping.
Here are some best cashback sites to get free money:
- Upside: Earn cashback at over 50,000 locations nationwide on every gas fill-up, when you dine out, and every time you shop.
- Fetch Rewards: Earn gift cards and cash rewards for shopping at your favorite stores.
- Pogo: This app automatically saves on bills without scanning receipts. Simply link your accounts to the app, and you’re good to go.
- Dosh: This app allows you to withdraw your saved amount via PayPal or Venmo once you accumulate $15.
- Rakuten: This is one of the most popular reward apps since it partners with more than 3500 stores. They have a $10 sign-up bonus plus another $10 bonus when you spend $25.
- Honey: This is another excellent cashback reward app you can try. They offer a 500 points referral bonus, equivalent to $5 when you invite a friend.
- Ibotta: Earn up to 30% cashback when you shop from popular stores like Best Buy and eBay. You also earn a $10 bonus when you spend $30.
- BeFrugal: Partners with over 5000 stores and lets you earn up to 40% cashback. In addition to the high cashback rates, Befrugal offers you a $10 sign-up bonus.
It’s crucial to compare rates when choosing a cashback site—also, the more merchants, the better the option.
2. Use GPT Sites
Another way to obtain $2000 free money is through get-paid-to sites. These sites typically allow you to make money online by completing simple tasks such as:
- Watching ads,
- Answering paid surveys
- Shopping for cashback
- Playing games
- Surfing the web
- Reading emails.
Some of my favorite GPT sites to earn free money during your spare time include:
- Branded Surveys: This rewards site pays you to share your opinion through surveys. Expect to earn around $0.50 to $5 per survey and cash out once you reach the threshold of $5.
- Kashkick: This platform typically pays you a few cents per survey. However, investing significant time can earn over $100 on a single offer.
- SayMore: This app, like Branded Surveys, lets you make money through online surveys.
- Opinion Outpost: Get closer to your $2000 target by signing up on Opinion Outpost to get rewarded for participating in surveys.
- Toluna: With Toluna, expect to earn between 15 and 15,000 points per survey. $1 is equivalent to about 3000 points.
- Swagbucks: Provides a variety of ways to earn free money, including playing video games. It pays about $0.25 to $5 per survey.
- InboxDollars: Like Swagbucks, InboxDollars presents diversified methods of making money fast. You’ll get a $5 sign up bonus.
While such reward apps don’t pay much, you can use multiple simultaneously to maximize your income and achieve the $2000 target.
3. Join Paid Focus Groups
Paid focus groups are similar to surveys. They involve paying people to review products or provide opinions on specific topics.
The advantage of paid focus groups is that they’re available face-to-face and online. This way, you can make money even from the comfort of your home.
Also, getting paid to hold discussions and interact with like-minded individuals sounds like a good deal to me.
Most focus groups pay between $30 and $150 per hour, but some may offer up to $450 per hour. The amount varies depending on the type of study and the time spent.
The following are examples of companies to consider if you want to get paid to participate in focus groups:
- User Interviews: This is among the highest-paying research platforms in the U.S. and Canada. You can earn about $75 to $480 per hour.
- Respondent: This platform has some high-paying focus groups, with some offering up to $700 per hour! The average rate is about $50 to $250 per research.
- Survey Junkie: You can earn up to $150 per hour on this popular rewards site.
- Ipsos iSay: This site pays between $50 and $100 per hour.
You must undergo screening to determine if you qualify for a focus group. Consider applying for multiple focus groups to increase your chances of qualifying.
4. Donate Plasma
If you’re seeking ways to make $2000 free money, why not try a method that allows you to impact people’s lives? Donating plasma is one such way.
However, not everyone can donate plasma. You must be above 18 and pass a medical screening to determine if you qualify to donate.
Most plasma donation centers pay $50 to $75 or more per donation.
Here are some of the highest-paying plasma donation centers:
- BPL Plasma: You can earn up to $75 per donation with this company.
- CSL Plasma: This famous plasma collector allows you to make over $500 a month as a new donor.
- Octapharma Plasma: Earn up to $500 in your first 35 days and up to $75 for referring a friend.
- BioLife Plasma: Donating plasma at BioLife Plasma centers can earn you up to $850 in the first month.
Note that donating plasma can have side effects, like fatigue or dehydration. Don’t donate plasma for money if it has profound implications or you’re unfit.
5. Get Paid to Sleep
While it might sound like a scam, getting paid to sleep is possible. For instance, you can get hired to sleep by a company that produces sleep products like mattresses and sheets.
Hotel mystery shopping is also another lucrative option if you want to get paid to sleep. In this case, you get paid to spend the night at a hotel and review customer service.
The upside of this venture is that you need little or no qualifications. You’re good to go as long as you can sleep at any time and have good report-writing skills.
Here are some companies willing to pay you to sleep.
- Sleep Junkie: This company pays you to test and review mattresses. The average pay is $2000 for eight weeks.
- NASA: Participate in NASA’s bed rest studies to earn over $2000.
- Eachnight: You can earn up to $1500 a month for testing mattresses for Eachnight.
6. Get Paid To Lose Weight
Are you on a weight loss journey and seeking ways to make $2000 free money? Several companies will keep you motivated by paying you to lose weight.
You can engage in team weight loss challenges on some platforms, while others allow you to bet on yourself.
Some of the best platforms that pay you to lose weight include:
- HealthyWage: Place a bet on weight loss on this platform for a chance to win up to $10,000.
- DietBet: Bet amounts begin from $10. The amount you win depends on the number of winners and prize pool size.
- Evidation: Losing weight on Evidation earns about 100 points per day. The cashout minimum is $10, equivalent to 10,000 points.
- Competish: It’s possible to earn more than $100 on this site though the amount varies depending on the buy-in amount.
- SticKK: Here’s another platform that pays you to lose weight.
7. Get Paid To Walk
This is another option if you’re seeking ways to make $2000 free money. Find a pedometer app that rewards you for tracking your steps.
Certain apps offer a feature where you can participate in group bets and pull funds toward a common pool. The winners share the prize money at the end of the week.
It’s an excellent way to make money because you already walk for free daily. However, you lose money if you fail to reach the target steps.
Here’s a list of the best apps to use if you’d like to make free PayPal money for walking.
- StepBet: Expect to win $5-$10 per game on this app.
- Sweatcoin: This is another excellent option to get paid for walking.
- Cash for Steps: This iOS app rewards you with $1 if you earn five stars for any achievement. You get an additional $1 if you’re among the top 500.
- Cashwalk: Earn a stepcoin for every 100 steps you make. Stepcoins are redeemable for gift cards.
8. Declutter Your Home
If you have stuff you no longer use, decluttering can be a great way to make $2000 free money.
Aside from the cash, the benefits of this are creating more space for useful stuff and making your home more inviting.
While decluttering isn’t easy, it’s worth considering since you can sell virtually anything, from electronics to clothes you no longer wear. You can also sell collectibles like Funko Pops, Yugioh cards, and Pokemon cards.
However, online selling may be time-consuming since you need to list your items.
On the other hand, selling to local buyers in garage sales and flea markets saves you seller and shipping fees.
Some of the best platforms to sell junk include:
- eBay: Seller fees on this platform vary depending on the item you’re selling. For instance, the seller’s fee is 15% +$0.30 for clothes and accessories.
- Craigslist: Despite the hard-to-navigate website, Craigslist is a great platform since it charges zero seller fees. You can use this to sell stuff locally.
- Facebook Marketplace: This platform allows you to sell your items online and locally. If you set up shop on Facebook, you must pay a 2.9% seller fee.
- Mercari: Declutter your home at a low 10% seller fee. You also incur a processing fee of 2.9%+$0.50
9. Rent Out Your Extra Space and Stuff
You can rent out plenty of stuff, from tools to unused space, to raise $2000 effortlessly. For instance, if you have an extra room in your house, you can list it on platforms like Airbnb.
If you desperately need the money but don’t have an idle space, you can create storage space by partitioning your garage. You can then proceed to list your storage space on Neighbor.
There are endless possibilities when it comes to renting out space. You can also rent out your backyard for parties or as a pet playground on Sniffspot.
Other stuff you can rent besides unused space includes trucks, cars, and boats. Some platforms to consider include:
- Fat Llama: Rent almost anything on this platform to earn over $1000 per month.
- Loanables: This site allows you to rent items to earn between $5 and $700 per day.
- Rentah: This is another platform where you can rent virtually anything.
10. Rent Out Your Car/Truck
Instead of letting your truck or car sit in the garage, consider renting it out to earn a free $2000 passive income.
Here are the best platforms to rent out your car:
- Turo: You can earn over $10,000 annually for renting out one car on Turo. You can earn even more by renting out multiple vehicles simultaneously.
- HyreCar: Rent out your vehicle for over $720 a month on this site.
- Getaround: You can earn well over $2000 monthly on this site, depending on the type of car you’re renting out.
- Avail: This company offers an average weekly earning of at least $50. However, you can earn over $1200 monthly if you have a good car and utilize bonuses.
- Fetch Truck Rental: This is one of the best truck rental platforms worldwide. You can earn up to $30,000 annually for one truck.
11. Participate in Market Research Studies
Another way to earn $2000 free money PayPal is by participating in market research studies. It typically involves testing out and reviewing a new product or service.
It’s an excellent money-making venture, especially if you enjoy sharing your opinion and working in the background to improve products.
One of the best platforms to work with as a market research participant is Respondent. This is how it works:
- Sign up and verify your account
- Get matched to research studies based on your experience
- Apply to different projects
- Get invited to projects you qualify for
- Get paid via PayPal
The pay varies depending on your professional skills. For instance, software developers earn an hourly rate of $200, while business owners earn $500 per hour.
Respondent also has a referral program that pays you $50 for every friend you invite to the platform.
12. Check for Unclaimed Money
Checking for unclaimed money is a great place to start if you’re still seeking ways to make $2000 for free.
You may have unclaimed money in forgotten accounts, uncashed checks, unpaid wages, forgotten savings, or unclaimed insurance. This is especially relevant if you move states or jobs often.
To check for unclaimed money, visit the official USA.gov website. Enter information about the property or money you’re checking for, then follow the instructions.
You must provide personal information and proof that the money belongs to you. If you follow instructions, you may receive more than $2000 in free money.
13. Get Your Unclaimed Federal Tax Refunds
If you’ve paid taxes in excess or accumulated tax refunds somewhere, this may be the time to claim the money.
To check for unclaimed federal tax refunds, visit the IRS website. You’ll be required to provide the following information:
- Your Social Security number
- Your filing status
- The tax refund amount
Once you’ve provided the information and applied for the refund, you must wait about 21 working days.
You can always check the status of your refund on the IRS website or contact them if there are any delays.
14. Apply for a Grant
Applying for a grant is another way to earn $2000 in free money. You can apply for several grants as long as you qualify for them.
You’re likely to qualify for a grant if you have an idea or project that will stimulate the economy or if you’re a student or person with a disability who needs financial assistance.
Visit the Grants.gov website and follow the following steps to apply for a grant:
- Learn about grants in the Grants Learning Center
- Check whether you qualify
- Search for relevant grants
- Register on Grants.gov
- Apply for the grant using Workspace
- Track your grant status
If you provide all required documents and fill out the applications correctly, there’s no reason to get rejected.
15. Apply for a SNAP Card
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program allows you to get funding for food and groceries if you’re an eligible low-income citizen.
Your income must be between certain limits to qualify for a SNAP card. While requirements vary by state, some of them are universal.
For instance, you must be at least 18 years, be a U.S. citizen, and have a valid Social Security.
Other factors, like the money available in your bank, may also determine if you qualify for a SNAP card.
Contact your state or local SNAP office to apply for a SNAP card. You may need to attend an interview as part of the application.
16. Apply for Unemployment Benefits
If you lost your job and are facing financial difficulties, you can apply for unemployment benefits to cushion yourself as you look for a new job.
The unemployment insurance program by the U.S. Department of Labor provides unemployment benefits if you’ve lost your job through no fault of your own.
You must also meet specific wage and work requirements depending on your state to be eligible for unemployment benefits.
Contact the unemployment insurance program in your state to apply for these benefits, preferably as soon as you lose your job.
Ensure to give the correct employment details to avoid delays. Once you complete your application, it may take 2-3 weeks to receive your benefits.
17. Consolidate or Refinance Your Loans
Consolidating your loans refers to combining them to reduce interest rates. On the other hand, refinancing involves renegotiating the terms of your loan to make them more favourable.
Consolidating and refinancing your loans can significantly reduce them and have some money left over on interest payments.
While these may be great ways to save money in the short and long term, weighing all options before you decide to consolidate or refinance your loans is essential.
For instance, consolidating federal loans may render you ineligible for certain benefits such as cancellation and loan forgiveness.
Also, compare the interest rates of the old and new loans to ensure you’re not incurring higher costs for the new loan.
18. Cut Down on Your Expenses
The final way to make $2000 free money is finding ways to reduce your expenditure. While this may not be easy, it may prove worthwhile in the long run.
Always be on the lookout for discounts and avoid making unnecessary purchases to ensure you have enough money left over to cover other needs and emergencies.
Another effective strategy is to automate your finances and stick to a budget.
Using cash instead of virtual cash also helps avoid extra fees from debit and credit card companies. It also enables you to avoid impulse buying items.
Trim is an excellent app to cut back on your expenditure and free up $2000. It analyzes your daily spending patterns and finds ways to save you money.
For example, if you have any old subscriptions that you might have forgotten about, Trim cancels them.
The main advantage is that they negotiate utility bills on your behalf. They claim to have expert bill negotiators who can lower your bills by up to 30%.
Signing up on the Trim website is free, and you can use it on all your devices to ensure effective savings.
Tips for Making $2000 Free Money
Now that you know how to get $2000 for free, here are some valuable tips to ensure you reach and possibly surpass the target.
- Explore multiple avenues: Most methods mentioned above may yield less than $2000 individually. Consider using various methods simultaneously to maximize your income.
- Find the most suitable method: Since not all these methods may be effective for everyone, weighing your options to find the best approach that aligns with your needs is essential. You can also try different ways initially and then settle on the best in line with your skills and resources.
- Conduct thorough research: Do your due diligence when using various apps and websites to avoid getting ripped off. Being informed helps you make better decisions and protect your interests.
Getting $2000 free cash is possible if you play your cards right. Specific methods, such as renting out your car or a truck, may effectively raise the total amount.
However, some strategies, like using GPT sites and cashback apps, may be ineffective individually for such a large amount.
You can find a way around this by utilizing multiple income streams simultaneously. For instance, you can run paid apps in the background while shopping online to earn cashback rewards.
You can also explore side hustle ideas flipping items you no longer use on online marketplaces while using reward apps like Branded Surveys and SayMore on the side.
Ultimately, the key to success lies in staying dedicated to your goal, employing effective strategies, and having a well-organized approach.