Is Zap Surveys Legit or a Scam? Zap Surveys Review 2023
This post may contain affiliate links which means that sproutinue.com may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. We only promote products that we love and feel will benefit our readers. Please read our Disclosure Policy for more information.
Making a little extra money on the side is always a plus, especially if you can do it without too much effort. Answering online surveys is one of the most popular side hustles. Apps like Zap Surveys let you complete surveys and get paid. But is Zap Surveys legit or a scam?
Zap Surveys allow users to complete short surveys in exchange for rewards. If you think this sounds too good to be true, you’re not alone. Many people question the legitimacy of Zap Surveys.
In this Zap Survey review, we’ll let you know whether the app is legitimate and worth your time.
What Is Zap Surveys?
Zap Surveys is a platform that allows users to answer short surveys in exchange for rewards. The app is available for both iOS and Android devices and is completely free to download and use.
The platform partners with other companies and research firms to help them gather data about consumer habits and preferences. In other words, when you complete a survey on Zap Surveys, you’re providing valuable feedback that helps businesses improve their products and services.
And as a way of saying thank you, these companies give users rewards in the form of gift cards and cash. What’s more, Zap Surveys actively contributes to charity, so you’re answering questions for a good cause.
How Does Zap Surveys Work?
Signing up for Zap Surveys is a straightforward process. Provided you have a smartphone and a stable internet connection, you’re good to go.
Here’s a brief overview of how Zap Surveys works.
1. Sign Up for Zap Surveys
Zap Survey’s sign-up process is simple and straightforward. To register as a user, follow these steps:
- Visit the Apple Store or Google Play Store and search for “Zap Surveys” and download the app.
- Create an account using your Facebook profile or email address
- Verify your account via the link sent to your email address
- You can now start taking surveys and earning rewards
The only information Zap Surveys needs from you is your email address and a password for your Zap account. As mentioned earlier, installing and setting up a Zap account is entirely free.
2. Answer Surveys
Once you create an account and log in, you’ll be presented with a list of available surveys. According to Zap Surveys, the first survey will earn you a guaranteed $3.
Each survey has a different reward amount, and you can see how long each will take to complete. You can also see the topics of each survey before you start so that you can decide.
Whether you’re interested in taking it or not, you can find surveys about your opinions on different products, travel preferences, and views on other marketing techniques.
Once you start a survey, you can’t stop and come back later. If you do, your progress will be lost, and you won’t receive any rewards. So, ensure you set aside enough time to complete a survey before starting it.
3. Get Paid
After answering all the questions, Zap Surveys will verify your answers. This process usually takes a few hours, but sometimes it can take up to 24 hours.
Once your answers are verified, Zap Surveys will add your rewards to your account balance, which you can cash out via PayPal or redeem for Amazon gift cards and other leading retailer options.
Does Zap Surveys Have a Qualification Criteria?
No, Zap Surveys does not have any qualification criteria. The platform is available to anyone with a smartphone and a stable internet connection. All you need to do is download the app, create an account, and start taking surveys.
However, it’s worth noting that most of the surveys on the app are geared toward people in the United States. If you’re not from the U.S., you may not be eligible for most surveys. However, plenty of opportunities are available for people outside of the U.S.
How Much Does Zap Surveys Pay?
The amount you can earn taking surveys on the app depends on a few factors. The number of surveys you’re eligible for and the length of each survey will determine how much money you can make.
Generally, most Zap Surveys members earn between $0.50 and $6.25 or more per survey. If you take a lot of surveys, you could earn more cash during your free time.
However, your earnings will be much lower if you take a few surveys. One thing is for sure; you can’t earn a living off of Zap Surveys alone.
How Does Zap Surveys Pay You?
Zap Surveys has two payment methods: PayPal and gift cards.
If you choose to get paid via PayPal, you’ll need to link your account to Zap Surveys. Once your account balance reaches $25, you can cash out, and the money will be sent to your PayPal account within 48 hours.
If you prefer gift cards, you can redeem your rewards for various gift cards, including Amazon, Walmart, Target, Nike, and other leading stores. Zap Surveys will send you these gift cards electronically, so you can use them right away.
Zap Surveys is probably working on adding more payment options in the future. So, if neither of these methods works for you, there’s a good chance you can find another option, or it’ll be added soon.
How Long Does Zap Surveys Take to Pay?
Zap Surveys takes one day to pay you after you cash out. Sometimes, processing payments may take a few extra days, but your rewards will eventually hit your email or PayPal.
If it takes more than a week, contact Zap Surveys support.
Pros and Cons of Zap Surveys
Like most survey apps, Zap Surveys boasts its fair share of drawbacks. Weighing the pros and cons will help you decide whether the survey app is right for you.
- Available to anyone with a smartphone and a stable internet connection
- Signing up is quick and easy, and you can start taking surveys immediately
- No qualification criteria, so everyone is eligible to take surveys
- Flexible payment options, including PayPal and gift cards
- Members earn $6.25 signup bonus and $3 on their first survey
- Zap Surveys is also a charitable organization
- Users can earn check-in bonuses
- You need to reach a $25 threshold before you can cash out
- Most of the surveys are geared toward people in the U.S.
- There’s no guarantee that you’ll be eligible for every survey
- Most surveys pay less than a dollar
- Some surveys can take a lot longer than stated
Apps Like Zap Surveys
There are a plethora of apps like Zap Surveys. If Zap Surveys doesn’t fit your fancy or you’re looking for other options, here are a few options to consider.
- Survey Junkie: Survey Junkie is one of the most popular survey platforms, with more than 10 active million members. Get paid to share your opinion to help brands offer the best products and services.
- InboxDollars: InboxDollars is another popular survey platform that allows you to earn money by taking surveys, playing games, and shopping online. You’re guaranteed a $5 sign-up bonus.
- LifePoints: LifePoints allows you to complete surveys and earn rewards for sharing your opinion on their partner’s products and services. You can redeem your points for gift cards, PayPal cash, and more. You’ll earn 10 points for signing up.
- Swagbucks: With Swagbucks, you earn cash and gift cards for things you do every day. This includes shopping online, playing video games, surfing the web, and completing surveys.
- Opinion Outpost: Like other survey apps, Opinion Outpost rewards users with gift cards or cash for takings surveys.
Final Verdict: Is Zap Surveys Legit?
Zap Surveys is a legitimate app to make some extra money answering surveys. If you’re looking for a simple way to earn some extra cash on the side, Zap Surveys is worth checking out.
However, it’s important to note that you won’t earn a full-time income by taking surveys. If you’re looking for a more sustainable way to make money, take on a lucrative side hustle you’re passionate about. There are many ways to make money online, so don’t limit yourself to survey platforms.
Looking for Other Platform Reviews? Checkout: