This post may contain affiliate links which means that sproutinue.com may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. We only promote products that we love and feel will benefit our readers. Please read our Disclosure Policy for more information.
You’ve probably heard of Surveyworld if you’re conversant with survey sites that pay.
Surveyworld is one of the most popular research companies, with over 5 million members in over 70 countries.
But, Is Surveyworld legit? Is it worth your time? If this is your concern, you’ve come to the right place.
I tried Surveyworld to determine if it’s legit and gauge its earning potential. Read on for a detailed review of how the app works and what to expect.
I’ll also cover a few alternatives you can try if you feel Surveyworld doesn’t work for you or want to maximize your earnings by stacking it with other survey apps.
Let’s get to it!
What Is Surveyworld?
Surveyworld is a site that connects you to other websites that pay you to answer surveys. The company’s developer is e-Bron Marketing B.V.
While it’s based in the Netherlands, you can join if you reside in any of the 70+ countries they claim to be associated with, including the U.S. and Canada.
Generally, Surveyworld isn’t like other traditional survey sites like Branded Surveys since they don’t generate the surveys or pay you themselves.
They simply help research companies find respondents for their research studies. So, instead of posting surveys on their website, they post referral links.
If you’re interested in a particular survey, clicking the link redirects you to the researcher’s page. From there, you can complete the survey and get paid based on the terms and conditions of the site.
In addition to completing surveys, other ways to earn on Surveyworld are by testing products and scanning your groceries.
The major downside of Surveyworld is that there isn’t much information about it online. However, the company boasts over 5 million members in over 70 countries, running over 200 panels.
Is Surveyworld Legit?
Yes, Surveyworld is a legit platform that connects you to research companies worldwide to make money sharing your opinion. However, other get-paid-to sites are more straightforward and have a better earning potential.
The best way to determine whether a platform is legit is by reviewing user reviews and how the app scores on platforms like Trustpilot.
Surveyworld has a 2.4 average star rating on Trustpilot. This is from just six users, which shows that the site may not be as popular as it seems.
All the reviews on Trustpilot are negative, and the users insist that the app isn’t worth anyone’s time. Others claim that earning a significant amount takes a long time, so you must be willing to invest your time.
Also, most users claim they weren’t paid and that the site is just a scam to get your details. Here are some Surveyworld reviews:
- Kat says: “Too many paid advertisement in Instagram. Is it a reliable site? My feeling is just collecting all your personal info.”
- Rht says: “ Is this a valid site? Claim money for opinion. Never saw any “light of day.”
- Lief Verelst says: “Do not trust this.”
Overall, the fact that there’s little information about Surveyworld is a massive red flag.
While the site isn’t a scam, I wouldn’t recommend you use it. It’s better to work directly with the researcher instead of a middleman. This way, you’ll keep 100% of your money.
How Does Surveyworld Work?
I tried the site for this review, and honestly, there are a lot of red flags, including how difficult it is to sign up on Surveyworld.
If you’re conversant with survey sites, this platform is not similar to them at all. Let’s look at how to get started on Surveyworld:
1. Sign Up
One of the biggest challenges on Surveyworld is signing up.
The first way to create an account is by first answering a short survey on their home page, and then you’ll get directed to a page written in Dutch.
Alternatively, you can contact the company through the contacts on the homepage or through Facebook.
Once you contact them, they send a link you can use to sign up. I’m not sure why the signup process on Surveyworld is complicated. Ideally, they should have a direct join button on their home page.
2. Complete Surveys
Once you’ve set up your account successfully, it’s time to make money.
Surveyworld posts referral links on their site. If you’re interested in a particular survey, the link directs you to the site where you can complete the survey. Payment terms vary by survey site.
You can also earn more by completing shopping offers and testing products.
3. Get Paid
Since Surveyworld doesn’t provide surveys or payment, how much you earn depends on the sites you’re directed to.
Each site has its policies, so it’s wise to go through them before filling out their surveys to know what you’ll earn in advance.
The average pay for most sites can range from $1 to $5 per survey. However, you may earn more or less based on the site you use.
Also, payment methods vary from one survey site to another. Most sites pay through PayPal money and gift cards to popular retailers like Walmart or Amazon.
Others may also opt for a check or bank transfer. It’s wise to find out which options are available for a site before completing the survey.
How Much Can You Make With Surveyworld
The money you earn depends on several factors:
- The survey site you’re directed to
- The lengths of the survey
- The type of surveys
- The number of surveys you complete
Most sites pay between $1 and $5 per survey. If you’re lucky enough, you’ll land better offers that pay up to $50.
Generally, survey sites don’t pay enough to replace your job, but if you invest significant time, you can snag a considerable amount in a month.
Ensure you review the sites’ terms and conditions to determine how much they pay and if they’ll take any cuts.
Also, check their payment methods. The most popular ones include the following:
- Free PayPal money
- Gift cards to retailers like Target, Walmart, Kohl’s, and Amazon
- Mastercard Visa
While Surveyworld may be hard to navigate, I think it’s a great way to maximize your income since it lets you earn from different sites simultaneously. But remember to keep your expectations on the lower end.
Pros and Cons of Surveyworld
Now that you know what Surveyworld is about, let’s look at its upsides and downsides.
- It connects you to legit survey sites worldwide
- Available in over 70 countries
- It lets you stack different survey sites, thus maximizing your income.
- Free to join.
- Hard to navigate
- There’s no clear information about them on their website
- The signing-up process is confusing
- It doesn’t give surveys or payment themselves
- Its customer service is unresponsive
- Surveyworld has a 2.4 rating on Trustpilot, which is relatively low.
The Best Surveyworld Alternatives
In case you feel like Surveyworld is not the best app for you, there are several alternatives you can check out.
I’ve tried most of them over the years, so I know they’re legit. Also, unlike Surveyworld, these sites work directly with you; they don’t direct you to third parties.
Most pay better, and some offer other ways to make money online besides completing surveys.
Another upside of these apps is that they’re easy to navigate, so you can use them even if you’re a beginner. And unlike Surveyworld, you can join from their home page.
Most offer sign-up and referral bonuses when you invite your friends. Here are the best survey sites to consider.
- Branded Surveys: One of the leading survey sites that lets you make money on your phone. Branded Surveys offers a $1 sign-up bonus. Payment is via PayPal, visa, and gift cards. You can join Branded Surveys if you reside in the US, Canada, or the UK.
- YouGov: Another option if you want to get paid to share your opinion. You can also get paid to share your browsing data through YouGov Pulse.
- Kashkick: Unlike Surveyworld, Kashkick offers other ways to make money, like playing games, watching videos, and downloading apps alongside completing surveys.
- Valued Opinions: If you’re still looking for a Surveyworld alternative, Valued Opinions is an excellent app to try.
- Toluna: This site pays you to complete surveys, refer your friends, and play games.
- Prime Opinion: It has a $5-$10 welcome bonus. Also, according to the information on their website, you’ll earn up to $5 per survey. You can read my Prime Opinion review.
- Focus Group: With Focus Group, you can participate in research online or in person at their offices in the US. You can cash out from as low as $5 for PayPal money or free gift cards.
- Crowdtap: This site lets you make money by filling out surveys. You can cash out via PayPal or gift cards once you accumulate $5.
- Springboard America: This site lets you cash out through gift cards or donations to charity.
Extra Reading: The Best Apps That Pay You To Play Games
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Surveyworld a Scam?
No, Surveyworld isn’t a scam. It’s a legit platform that connects you to different research companies that pay you to complete surveys.
While the company has many red flags, including being hard to navigate, it isn’t a scam.
Who Can Join Surveyworld?
It’s not really clear who can join Surveyworld. The website mentions that they’re available in over 70 countries but doesn’t mention them.
The only way to know if Surveyworld is available in your country is by submitting your application form or contacting them.
But you shouldn’t have any problem joining if you’re from the Netherlands, UK, US, or Canada.
Is Surveyworld Safe?
Yes, Surveyworld is safe to use. They promise to keep your personal information private. However, they may share your information with third parties in case of a legal requirement.
I hope my review helps determine whether Surveyworld is legit and whether it’s the right platform for you.
Though the site is legit, I wouldn’t recommend it since it has many red flags. Also, why work with an intermediary when you could work directly with the research companies?
You can also maximize your income by using multiple research apps simultaneously. Surveyworld is great since it lets you find these apps in one place.